The Scout is a high moccasin / short mukluk style boot that is fashion forward but also makes for a perfect traditional dancing moccasin. It features lacing up the front and a layer of fringe around the top, accented in various ways, much like our Fringed Summer Mocs.
Base price includes:
- Custom patterning to your foot tracing or standard (US) mens and ladies sizes available,
- Confirmation of all selections with the artist prior to start of production,
- Your choice of any colour moose or elk split hide,
- Your choice of Level 1 beading or leather weaving or appliqué design,
- Secondary exterior leather soles,
- 5" shaft height and your choice of,
- Summer weight thin double-stretch cotton blend lining fabric or,
- Winter weight lining of Deluxe Sherpa (artificial sheepskin fleece-backed and thermal insoled).
- Level 2 image beading or Level 3 beading,
- Additional appliqué on side panels,
- Leather upgrades (Bison, Deer, Moose),
- Real shearling lining (fabric or hide backing),
- Medium weight parchment crepe rubber sole,
- Built to your requested height of up to 10",
- Discount on matching mitts or gauntlets.
If you would like help making your selections prior to checkout, you are welcomed to use our personal shopper service.
Please visit our beading galleries for examples of the Level 1 and Level 2 bead patterns available as well as numerous examples of full Level 3 bead panels previously produced. You can also see our gallery of finished mukluks for more ideas and inspiration.
- Production times on custom orders can vary, but usually fall within the 5 - 7 month mark. They are directly related to amount/complexity of beading or design. They can be longer during peak season (winter).
- Mukluk orders confirmed by March 31st will be in production for fall delivery.
- Christmas cut-off is June 30th.
- These cutoff dates are subject to change. Feel free to contact us directly to confirm.
- If you prefer to confirm your order with a 50% deposit or would like to set up an instalment plan choose "instalments" at checkout. Full details in our FAQ
We look forward to working with you to create your custom-made pair of Scouts! Thank you for supporting small business.
Truly unique, truly Canadian...Northern Heart Designs